Thursday, April 10, 2014

Breakthroughs...







I am blessed to have some very wise women in my life. Big hearted, loving, kind, FABULOUS and wise women....I'm very fortunate.

In the last week or so, I've shared my recent struggles with them and am grateful to have received an inordinate amount of love, support, and perspective from each of them in different ways. I'm also grateful that they allow me to work through my process in my own non-linear way and have patience with me while I do so.

A wise woman once told me that my secrets will keep me sick. I have enough experience in trying (unsuccessfully) to keep up appearances, while inside all hell is breaking loose, to know how deeply true that statement is.
As much as I like to pretend that I have some semblance of control over the people and events in my life, every so often, I need a reminder of how delusional that is. This time, I feel like I got slapped upside the head....I'm getting it from all sides!

That's where my fabulous ladies come in.....

I shared my "crazy" with some trusted friends and heard just what I needed to hear.  I also learned that there is more than enough crazy going around lately, so I would like to share some of their insight with you, in the hopes that something might resonate and be helpful for you too.

1. Would you rather be right or happy?
2. You can't see the BIG PICTURE so you don't know how this is going to play out in the end.
3. God is your employer, they just sign your check.
4. It's not what you say, but maybe it IS how you say it.
5. Resentment is like drinking poison & waiting for the other person to die.
6. You can't fight the current.
7. Tell that "crazy b**ch in my head" that it's not a good time for her to stop by.
8. Breathe
9. Restraint of pen & tongue works wonders.

On my walk today, I saw the first crocuses of the season...those tiny flowers broke through that hard winter soil and are starting to blossom. 
It's a good sign...







1 comment:

  1. Dearest Maria, I am so happy for you. Yes I know, as do all these fabulous ladies, that these times that you are walking through are painful.I am picking up a little here and there from your writings. It feels like your standing at the edge of where the tide meets the shore, enjoying the incredible view, breathing in the salt air, the wind brushing against your face and then, the tide grabs you by your feet, turns you upside down and you dive head first towards the shore. Fully conscious but not knowing what just happened. At those times we have to fight for whatever gives us strength, I go to the source, GOD the creator. At those times the devil wants to take away that peaceful momentous experience you had at the shore, so that you never again enjoy the freedom and safety. That is the time you fight back. You go back to the shore, but now you have a healthy respect of the dangers, you are a little more prepared. What I am trying to say is, don't let the devil close your heart, don't let him take away your joy. Your heart is too beautiful for that. It sounds like good common sense not fighting the demons alone, the demons love secrets and they hate truth and light, they really hate when you mention Jesus's name. I love you, thank you for allowing me to be me. Love,R

    ReplyDelete