Monday, October 12, 2015

Challenging the status quo




You are in the perfect position to get there from here.
—Abraham-Hicks


Fall.
3rd season of the year and the one that precedes death/hiberation/retirement.
This is the season of the harvest...

Tonight is also the New Moon, cycle of new beginnings.

I love thinking about the symbolism found in nature.
Every day includes the cycle of birth and death. Each sunrise signifies a rebirth, a new beginning.
We get a "do over" every day...a fresh start....a chance to change the course of our lives and shake up the status quo.

Sounds like a pretty sweet deal, right?

Then how come it's so easy to feel stuck in a life/job/habit/relationship that seems impossible to escape from?

Why is so easy to forget the immense opportunity that we have to make a change in every second of our lives?

Why do we feel powerless when the reality is that we ALWAYS have the ability to choose something different?

We've just forgotten that we do....

Sounds pretty simple, huh?
It also sounds harder than climbing Mt Everest.

The analogy is a good one because the way to change your life is the same as the way you get to the peak of the mountain....simply by putting one step in front of the other.
Baby steps add up over time.
Consistency can change the most deeply embedded habit....

The funny thing is that while you're making those small changes, they may seem inconsequential in the moment. Barely worth repeating, because, really...how can such a small thing add up to anything worthwhile?

That's the beauty of it!

Anyone is capable of making significant, lasting change, but not everyone is willing to put in the time and the effort to go the distance.

This is something I've been struggling with for sometime. I have some challenges that have kept me stuck in old, unhealthy patterns and negative self-talk. While I have access to all the support and information I could ask for, I keep finding myself stuck in the same, frustrating predicament.
I'm giving up (on myself) before the REAL change begins. Just when it starts to get difficult, I slip back into the familiar place that I've occupied for FAR too long. The place I no longer want to be in...and yet....

I know I'm not alone in this behavior. Doesn't make me feel much better knowing that.
I have to be very careful not to let myself slip into the other old behavior of negative self-talk which serves only to plant me more firmly where I'm at. It's almost as if those old tapes keep me distracted from my goals and aspirations by repeating over and over how badly I feel about myself and my life until I am unable to hear anything else.

Big, fat reality check:
I have a fabulous life!
I am surrounded by love from my friends, family and new people finding their way into my life.
I am taking risks and finding my way to a passion filled life.
I am saying a heartfelt YES to the opportunities that arise on a daily basis.
I am willing to ask for and give help to others when necessary.

I am living a life of abundance!
I am challenging the status quo and I truly believe that I AM capable of AMAZING things!!!

How are you shaking things up in your life?
What ways have you found to stay focused and committed to your goals?

Let's support & encourage each other on our journey to greatness!

Peace & Love
<3




No comments:

Post a Comment